jeudi 28 juillet 2016

Defective Equipment: Options for Taking Care of a Self Inflicted Drivers License Suspension

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: CA. on 4/28/15 I was pulled over for a brake light being out, when I was stopped it was brought to my attention that my registration had expired. I was then asked to show proof of insurance which I can access my insurance card using my smart phone and had a very quick way of getting to it, I also had the previous six months card with me along with about five years worth before then, however my phone was low on juice and the charger / cigarette lighter had recently melted and the charger wasn't working. So I received a ticket for 4000A1, 16028A, and 24603B. That evening I repaired the brake light paid for the registration on line and printed up my current insurance cards and requested a letter from my insurance company stating that my policy has been in force without a lapse in coverage since 2008 to the present and my vehicle and the vin number was covered under policy number with the underwriters phone number if they had any questions. My problem is this I was told by the officer that I could get everything signed off and wouldn't be required to show up in court by asking another peace officer, going to the DMV, the local court house or the police station with my proof and have it all taken care of. So I went to the DMV since some how I never received my tags and I figured go down there get the tags show my proof and be done with it all. So I go down there they give me my tags, I gave the girl my paperwork which she took did something on the computer and then said it would be fine and handed me my stuff. I never looked in the stack of papers to see what I had received back. So I don't get much in the way of important mail so I don't check it unless I'm expecting something which I wasn't so two months go by and I am going through this large pile of mail and there was a court paper in there that said I was found guilty of all my offenses and for failure to appear to show all this proof. Plus a civil assessment for something like $300 on top of approx 1500 it was just shy of two thousand dollars, which I was instructed to show up by 11/10 and it's now Thanksgiving. So I start to try to get all that money together and without any notice that this would happen if I didn't pay it on time I get a notice stating that my license is suspended. Plus hit with another $300 civil assessment. Obviously I screwed up and I'll pay the fines if I have to, should I get a lawyer, try to get into court although I think it's too late and would hate to pay the same in fines and lawyer fees. Oh I forgot that I went through the stack of papers and there doesn't seem to be anything extra from the DMV should I have gotten something back??? Help!


Defective Equipment: Options for Taking Care of a Self Inflicted Drivers License Suspension

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire