samedi 30 juillet 2016

Medical Malpractice: Do I Have a Case of Medical Malpractice

February 19th 2016, I go in for an in office vasectomy, during the vasectomy my surgeon has trouble finding my right vas defrens, after an extra 15-20 mins of pulling me in every direction he finally finds what seems to be that elusive vas defrens, and snips it. He shows me both of the pieces he removed which look very different , a few weeks later after lab results come back, during thier study they find he removed a vessel instead of a vas defrens on that right side.

So I wait two months and submit my sample and it comes back I'm still fertile but at a very low sperm count. So I meet with him again, where he explains a laparoscopic vasectomy, so we schedule the surgery for May 16th. The surgery goes 45 minutes longer than expected , the surgery was unsuccessful as he couldn't find the right side defrens again. He said I don't have one or it's very small. Two days after my surgery I have cramping in my right calf when I walk, I know something isn't right so I have a follow up appointment a few weeks after the surgery, I tell my surgeon about the cramping and tightness in the calf, he tells me it should go away after my swelling and tenderness from my incisions from surgery heal up. The cramping never goes away, so I make an appointment with my Doctor, he wants to make sure it's not a blood clot, he orders an ultrasound for me, I go to the ultrasound and it comes back negative for a blood clot.

So now I think to myself well maybe things will get better over time, things don't get better , they get worse. It's now the middle of June and I still have the cramping in the calf and my foot and toes go numb at times, I have a temperature change in my foot, it gets very cold. I still am trying to push through this hoping it will get better. We are now a week into July and I schedule another appointment with my doctor , he sets up an appointment with a neuro muscular doctor and an orthopedic doctor. Both of them couldn't really give me an answer . The neuro muscular Doctor sets me up with some tests, a bone scan, blood flow test and a mri of my pelvis and lumbar. All of the tests are scheduled a couple weeks out. Finally on July 21st Iam tired of waiting for the tests, I know something is severely wrong with my leg , it changes color ,changes temperature, my foot burns, it throbs , and I can barely walk. it is starting to swell so I decide to go into the ER, during the visit, they schedule me an ultrasound , during the ultrasound they find no blood flow in my artery on the right leg, I had very very little flow going to my foot. So quickly I'm transported by ambulance to a better hospital in the area, when I get there I meet with a vascular surgeon , he tells me my iliac artery is occluded in a few different spots basically from mid thigh to my foot. I have no pulse in my foot and I'm assuming I haven't had one for while now. The occlusions are pretty significant.

Surgery is scheduled , he will make an incision is made in my right groin and he will go in to try and get all the clot out and assess what caused this. The surgery takes a couple hours, and it's successful he removes all of the clots. He found that there was a dissection/tear in my iliac artery where the Laparoscopic vasectomy took place, he couldn't tell me that it was caused during that procedure but all signs point that way in my opinion. He told me he only sees this tear in people who ride horses a lot .

I hope I did a job good of explaining , if you have any questions I will answer them, sorry for any errors in punctuation or spelling.


Medical Malpractice: Do I Have a Case of Medical Malpractice

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire