jeudi 28 juillet 2016

Compensation and Overtime: Ambiguity of the Contract Caused Reduced Salary, Payment Delay, Resignation

Hello,
I am writing due to the conflict with my employer. I am working as a hotel animator in Greece.The problem is the ambiguity of the contract. In my opinion the contract is not clear and misleading, I am not sure If I have the right to dispute about it with my employer though.
Firstly, I didn't receive the full salary for the first month of my work (May 2016), which as agreed in the contract is supposed to be 500 euro, i got 3/4 of that instead (380 euro) because, as my employer claims, it was still the training period.
As for the first payment in amount of 380 euro, I would like to invoke the point 16 (salary) in the agreement which states:
"The payment commences from the first day of employee performance in front of the hotel client (...)". In my opinion my first "performance in front of the hotel client" took place on 30th of April, and as from that day on I started working under no supervision and worked independently, I considered that to be the first day of my paid job.
My boss invokes another point of the agreement stating:
"12. TRAINING PERIOD
The company will provide an up to two weeks training seminar free of charge for all new employees. The employee will not get pay for the seminar. The training seminar maybe on the job training carried out within a hotel working environment."
The actual training- seminar started on 23th of May and lasted for a week, then from 30th of April I started working without any supervision.

Secondly, I don't understand the point concerning the date of the payment. "The salary will be paid in cash between the 20th and the 25 th of each month." I was sure that the salary would be paid each month starting from the first month (May). The first salary I received on 15th of June, although I expected it being paid between 20th ond 25th of May, I was explained then that according to the contract I am supposed to be paid between 20th-25th of the next month after completing the whole previous month.

Also, now, as I submitted the resignation letter more than one month ago (respecting the 30-days notice period), and we agreed for me to quit in 4 days from now, am I entitled to ask for my salary to be paid on the last day of my work (I am leaving to another country and will not be able to receive my salary later)? According to the contract salary is being paid in cash.

I would really appreciate the answer,
Best regards
Magdalena


Compensation and Overtime: Ambiguity of the Contract Caused Reduced Salary, Payment Delay, Resignation

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire