mercredi 27 juillet 2016

Settling a Debt: Landlord Holding Personal Vehicle for Payment

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of:

I stored a personal vehicle in a neighbors detached garage, in which the landlord towed off and is expecting me to pay $850 for "storage fees" to get it back.

Reason the landlord towed the vehicle is because my neighbors (where the vehicle was being stored) suddenly moved out, breaking the landlords contract and is now holding my vehicle. I have no ties whatsoever to the landlord or even the neighbor. I've called the sheriff's department and tried reporting it stolen, and they said I can't do anything without going to small claims court.

I'm not trying to do all that court crap, I know where the vehicle is located (at the landlords house), what kind of repercussions can I expect if I went onto her property and stealing my vehicle back, other than being shot for trespassing? Thanks


Settling a Debt: Landlord Holding Personal Vehicle for Payment

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire