jeudi 28 juillet 2016

Registering a Vehicle: Gave Car to Daughter Filled Out Transfer of Liability She Never Registered Car

My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: California.
I bought a Volvo in 2012 and ended up giving it to my daughter. I transferred ownership to her and sent in a the transfer and release of liability. She couldn't get the car going and never registered it in her name. 3 years later , last September she sold the car to some loser for $100. He never registered the car in his name. She sent in a transfer and release of liability. So this guy abandoned the car and it was towed. In February or March I got a letter from a towing co. saying they had the car and I was the last registered owner and they were going to sell it. I didn't pay much attention as I figure I wasn't liable for the vehicle. Anyway they sold the car to pick and pull and now a collection agency is coming at me for $3800! I went to the D.M.V today and they said the car was junked so I had to ask Sacramento for registration information. I filled the form out online and it didn't work.. D.M.V told me both transfers of liability were there. Any advise would be appreciated.


Registering a Vehicle: Gave Car to Daughter Filled Out Transfer of Liability She Never Registered Car

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire