jeudi 28 juillet 2016

Repossession: Lien Holder Repossessed Vehicle from a Impound Lot, Though My Payments Were Current

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: GA. My vehicle was at a dealership for repair. The dealership was evicted from their lot and my vehicle was impounded in the process. I received a letter from the Impound advising me that they had the vehicle and that I had 30 days to recover it. The next week I went to the Impound Lot with a representative of the dealership to pick up my vehicle and was advised that the Lien Holder had sent a repo company to get it. I contacted my lien holder and was advised that they received a letter from the Impound Lot (dated the same as mine) stating they had 10 days to claim vehicle or they would take possession. I arrived at the Impound lot one day after the lien holder repo'd it. I have been notified by the lien holder that I must pay the impound lot fees plus the repo fees. Isn't this an illegal repossession if my payments were not delinquent and I had the required insurance on the car? The lien holder sent me a Redemption and Reinstatement Form which says, "Notice of intent to dispose of repossessed or surrendered motor vehicle. We have repossessed your vehicle. You are in default under your contract as follows: You have failed to make payments as required." This is not true and I have argued back and forth with them. The lien holder claims that it is their right and I must pay $775 plus additional storage fees required by the repo lot in order to recover my vehicle. I do believe that I am technically responsible for the impound fees (which the dealership has agreed to pay), but nothing else. Someone please help.


Repossession: Lien Holder Repossessed Vehicle from a Impound Lot, Though My Payments Were Current

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire