dimanche 31 juillet 2016

Payoff: Trade in Payoff

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of Louisiana

I had traded my car in on 7/9/16 when I purchased a new car. At the time of the trade in the payoff was 8900. The dealership agreed to pay the car off completely and this is stated in the contract for the new car. On 7/18/16, I noticed TD Auto Finance had taken out a car payment for my old car. When I called TD Auto, they explained that the dealership did not pay off my car until 7/20/16 so since the car had not been paid off yet, a payment was taken out of my account. They also explained that because they waited that long, the pay off quote for my old car was actually lower than the previous quote. The new quote is 8600. The difference between the 2 quotes is $300, but the monthly payment was actually $360. When I called the dealership to explain the issue, they told me they would only reimburse me the difference between the 2 quotes($300), but not the total amount of the monthly payment($360).

I would like to know if they are required to reimburse me for the total monthly payment amount of $360. I had signed papers on 7/9/16 and the dealership took possession of my car on that day. I even received a letter in the mail from Sirius XM radio dated 7/19/16 stating that they could see that I no longer owned the car.


Payoff: Trade in Payoff

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire