dimanche 31 juillet 2016

Defenses: Foster Care Daycare

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Michigan

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Michigan

I am a firefighter, teacher, and foster parent in the state of Michigan. My wife and I took in two foster children about 9 months ago through a nonprofit organization that we held our foster license through. We enrolled our foster kids in daycare since we both are teachers and work during the day. The daycare notified me about two weeks into them being there that they had not received payment from the state. I contacted our foster care worker and asked what I needed to do to get them taken care of. The daycare gave me paperwork which I faxed to our local DHS, I thought this was all we needed. This went on for months, I have text messages that show I asked our worker what I needed to do about every two weeks. We ended up having to have the kids moved to a different placement because the daycare could not keep them without getting paid along with other family reasons. In the end I found out that we were supposed to submit more paperwork. My worker never told me what I needed to do in order to complete the process which I have evidence of through text messages. Now the daycare is suing us for the unpaid child expenses that the state was supposed to cover. I have called DHS and they will not cover care retroactively. What should I do from here?


Defenses: Foster Care Daycare

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire