dimanche 31 juillet 2016

Resignation: Not Paid for Last Week of Work

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Texas


I walked out of the job - first time in my life! Anyway, I still have about 33 hours of time owed to me and should have been paid on the last scheduled payday which was Wednesday, July 27. I texted the wife who actually owns the business 3 times, on the third time she said to contact her husband about this. I texted him early in the day and have not heard a response so I decided to send an email also.

Here is the email I intend to send and would like an outsider to give an opinion about the tone of it


Hello "owners husband" I have not received my final paycheck from July 12-15. The hours I have worked is a total of 33 and change. According to labor laws, I was supposed to be paid on the following payday which was last Wednesday the 27th.

"If the employee quits, retires, resigns, or otherwise leaves employment voluntarily, the final pay is due on the next regularly-scheduled payday following the effective date of resignation." Here is the link to the website http://ift.tt/2amKm0W .

In the spirit of reason I expect to have my final pay by Wednesday August 3, 2016 so no further action would be taken.

Kindest regards




Thank you for the input


Resignation: Not Paid for Last Week of Work

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire