samedi 30 juillet 2016

Sales Agreements: What Can You Do if You Find Out a Privately Purchased Car Has a Salvage Title

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: California

So i have purchased a car through a private party here in California for $2000. But i only gave the guy 1500 and he wrote up a bill of sale stating that i would pay the other 500 the following week. So come mid week i go to get it registered because it was out of registration by 3 days no big deal. I come to find that the tittle was salvage and have to go through break and light inspection which will cost me 50 bucks not to mention it kills the value of the vehicle. So i contact him and he pretends not to know that its salvage and that he will see what he can do. So the following week (the day im supposed to pay) he contacts me and asks if im on the way with the money, i said "no because i thought you were gonna get back to me with what you can do" He pretty much tells me to bad so sad that im still on the hook for the full amount. So i tell him i don't want the car if that was the case and if he returned what i payed or dropped the price id be happy to give back or keep the car. He tells me no that i owe what was on the bill of sale and nothing less and he already spent my money and wont return it. So now he texts me a week later telling me his lawyer is gonna have a judge issue a repo on the vin number. What do i do? I dont want the car if its salvage and i have to pay for the price of a car i was told the tittle was clean on. I also don't want to be driving and have the car taken away if i can even register it and i don't want to return it and be out 1500 with no car and no money.


Sales Agreements: What Can You Do if You Find Out a Privately Purchased Car Has a Salvage Title

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire