vendredi 29 juillet 2016

Support Arrears: Can a Parent Still Collect Unpaid Child Support After Stepparent Adoption

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Oklahoma
Biological father lives in Oklahoma, child lives in Arizona.

My son was born 08/13. Paternity was never established and no child support order was ever issued. Child support enforcement spent years trying, however bio dad moved around and avoided service. March of 2016 I terminated bio dads rights. (He was served, did not show up for court or respond). Step parent adoption with my current husband was finalized June 2016.

Is the biological father still responsible for child support never paid from 08/13 to 03/16? How would I go about filling this? (Please do not tell me to hire an attorney I cant afford that right now). Could I write a motion and file a case requesting a support order for those dates be issued?

Thanks for any advice you can give on this.


Support Arrears: Can a Parent Still Collect Unpaid Child Support After Stepparent Adoption

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire