jeudi 28 juillet 2016

Medical Malpractice: Case of Medical Malpractice/ Negligence

My question involves malpractice in the state of: Virginia

Hello I have had a experience in a half, and was wondering if this would be a case I can go forward with.

About a month ago I was rushed to the hospital via ambulance do to excessive blood loss from a laceration on my right palm. In the ambulance they feared I wasn't going to make it to the hospital. I bleed thru two thick pressure bandages very quickly. After the second dressing and blood was covering me he said we don't do this much but had to use a tourniquet to save my life. On when we made it to the hospital the doctor came in and was shocked about the amount of blood loss and looked at my hand and said he'll be back. He came back and said he didn't feel like he could do this . He numbed my hands with the needle and said he's going to call the hand surgeon. He came back when the numbing agent wore off and had to do it again. It wore off in like 20-30 mind. Then he came back numbed it and had the hand surgeon on the phone telling him what to do. At the time I still had the tourniquet on. The loosened it up after they stitched my hand and was still bleeding. Later the hand surgeon came in and said I had 6 tendons and 4 nerves completely severed. And still didn't know why I was bleeding so bad. They said if it didn't stop I would go to the or. After having the tourniquet on for over 2 hours and my arm above my heart it slowed down. The hand surgeon said I needed surgery to fix my hand out I would never use it again. He said he needed 30,000$ to do the surgery. I told him I didn't have the money. He said he couldn't really help me at that point. I asked if we could do a payment plan and he said he couldn't trust me to make my payments. Stereotyping me because I have long hair and a few tattoos. He said I should try somewhere else. So I did. I said uva would help me more. He said OK. He discharged me and I had to walk out. The trip was about a hour and a half and I didn't make it more then half way and went into shock in the back seat of the car and was rushed the rest of the way to uva hospital. I was in there for a whole and the hand surgeon checked the other hospitals medical report and said that he would be more then glad to help me and didn't care about my financials and said I only had. 4 tendons and 2 nerves severed. The other hospital misdiagnosed it. He wanted to help me and scheduled my surgery. When he was finished he went to my friend and said I'm lucky to be alive. And said I had a severed artery. He fixed everything and is the best doctor around the first sucked.

After I made it home I laid down to sleep at 9pm and I had server pains in my hand and my dressing was covered in blood. I rushed back to the hospital. I put so much pressure on it, it stopped bleeding again. Finally getting home at 4am almost 24 hours in different hospitals.



My question is is this a good case?


Medical Malpractice: Case of Medical Malpractice/ Negligence

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire