vendredi 29 avril 2016

Traffic Lane Violations: Failure to Maintain Lane Ticket After Getting Hit Merging In Front of a Stopped Car

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: GA

1. Turned right from a stop sign, entering right lane of major roadway.
2. About 100yd ahead is a red light were I need to turn left.
3. The turn lane ahead (where I need to go) is clear. The left lane ahead is full of cars, blocking me. The right lane ahead (where I am) is empty.
4. As I slowly pull forward in my right lane and turn on my left turn signal, the light ahead turns green and traffic begins to move.
5. I am following along in the right lane, waiting for a gap to open on my left so I can enter the turn lane.
6. A car in the left lane is not moving, and a sufficiently-sized gap appears.
7. I judge that it is safe to merge to my left, and I begin merging slowly along with traffic.
8. Before I can complete my merge, my vehicle is struck on the rear driver-side wheel well just behind the door by the car behind me in the left lane, the same one that was previously stopped.
9. Both vehicles pull off the road into a nearby parking lot, and police are called.
10. Police arrive and interview both parties, and I am cited for 40-6-48, Failure to Maintain Lane.

Can I fight this? I saw a clear gap and judged that it was safe to merge. Traffic was moving slowly and I signaled way in advance, so there should have been no surprises for anyone involved. I get the feeling that this is gonna be a he-said-she-said, that the court will ultimately side with the officer's initial citation, and I'm just SOL.


Traffic Lane Violations: Failure to Maintain Lane Ticket After Getting Hit Merging In Front of a Stopped Car

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire