mardi 26 avril 2016

Retailers: Paypal Won't Issue Refund to My Bank, After Paying Merchant, then Getting Refund

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Wisconsin

Here is the story, about in 2012. Paypal request tax id information, driver's license. I refused to give it to them. I could always make purchases, despite that, because through my bank and then it goes to the merchant. So therefore you don't need a tax id to make purchases. You just need it to add funds to your paypal account through your bank.

So sometimes I have to return an item, and I always get a refund. In fact , I remember in 2015 I got refunds, and they went to my paypal balance. And then I either used that to pay for another purchase or just transfer it to my bank.

Now, I think the rules have changed. I went to get a refund for an item. I waited so many days. I contacted the merchant, they said the refunded has cleared on their end. Okay, so on the paypal details page of the transaction. It is saying it request information. And there is temp hold in place. I think they actually now went as far as to hold the refunds, because those refunds put money onto the paypal account.

Why do I believe they are doing this now, well there is a requested information bar on the refund details. That is requesting information number 1. It doesn't outright say that's the reason for the hold. I think that is what the automated messaging system is saying also

What are my next steps? Contact paypal and say what? I won't give them my tax id, as I don't use paypal to make a living on it.

Since the money originally came from my bank to merchant, and then merchant to me. This has nothing to do with paypal. Shouldn't the money just refund to the bank?

Is this going to require legal action? Do they have to give me my money back? What's my next step. I just don't want to fly off the handle here. I suspected this from the beginning since refunds can be instant in some cases depending on the merchant.

But this is also a potential buying issue through paypal. Very dangerous, you can't buy anything now. Especially if you ever have to return something. Is this legal anyways?


Retailers: Paypal Won't Issue Refund to My Bank, After Paying Merchant, then Getting Refund

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire