samedi 30 avril 2016

Interstate Issues: Out of State Custody for 2 Year Old

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Arizona

My son's father and I are both originally from Michigan, but we both moved (him first, then I a year later) to Arizona. We got pregnant as soon as I moved to Arizona, but things didn't work out and now I want to move back to Michigan with my son....which we had both agreed to do previously. His father is fine with me moving back, but now, has no plans to move back himself. He wants 50/50 custody of our 2 year old son. Will courts grant this? I cannot imagine being away from my son for half the year. Also, I feel like being away from either parent for that length of time is not good for the child. He says that there is nothing for him in Michigan, even though we were both planning on moving back before we broke up, but now he doesn't want to go and I still plan on leaving. Moving to Michigan would be beneficial to our child and for me as well. All of both of our families live in Michigan and I do want our son to know, and be around, both sides of the family. I am even willing for his father and I to move to a different, agreed upon, state all together (different households of course) that is closer to Michigan so that our child can still see all of his other family members regularly and his dad as well. Am I being unreasonable? Am I wrong for sticking to the plan that we both had previously? Is 6 months away from either parent detrimental to the child. Please help!!


Interstate Issues: Out of State Custody for 2 Year Old

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire