mercredi 27 avril 2016

Ending a Contract: Taxi Vehicle Lease Termination Prior to Contract Period

My question involves independent contractors in the state of: IL
I signed to lease a taxi cab lease for a week but I had second thoughts because it's not working out.

I want to just drop off the keys and terminate the contract but they will ask for payment for the full week which is around $520. Do I have to pay it if I have returned the car?

A fellow driver told me that If I say I am not able to cover the expense of the car with my earnings, which is true, that I can opt out since the company is also not paying me wages as I am considered an independent contractor.

Also, they are threatening to put a hold on my drivers license which I thought the state could only do. Is this somehow possible and is there any legal recourse to this threat?

Thank you


Ending a Contract: Taxi Vehicle Lease Termination Prior to Contract Period

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire