jeudi 28 avril 2016

Case Scheduling: Has My Court Date Been Changed - Received No Notification

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Virginia - in Civil Circuit court


On 4/23, I received a court order/motion from the county attorney about property violations (my newly erected pickett fence and an old car) which stated I had to appear in court on 5/2.

So this morning I checked the state court website to confirm the date and time because I'll need to take off work that day. To my surprise, it appears the court date and case type was changed on 4/24 and I'm left totally confused. Based on the time frame of when they originally filed everything and I got the court order/motion in the mail, I suspect I won't get any new documents until after 5/2. Personally, I find that odd and incompetent on their end.

I tried calling the court clerk's office but they use some automated thing so I have to wait for someone to call me back. Apparently, from the automated message, they get so busy that sometimes they don't get around to calling people back. :suspicion:

If on the state court website the original court date (5/2) is listed as the result being "withdrawn" and there's a new date and case type below it, does that mean I don't have to appear 5/2?


Case Scheduling: Has My Court Date Been Changed - Received No Notification

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire