jeudi 28 avril 2016

Relocation: Sole Custody - Moved Out of State - Breaking the Law

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Nevada

During the divorce I was granted sole physical/legal custody of the minors and the other parent has supervised visitation at my discretion. I moved out of state when my job was discontinued. I am now moving again, further away from the "home state" and the other parent is not happy. They said they will get a lawyer (may not) and try to fight for custody. I have been reading some conflicting information about if what I did and am doing is illegal or "may be taken into account." The divorce papers do state if it is joint custody, then I must get consent/notify the courts. But it doesn't mention sole. The laws don't make it clear to me if there is a difference. If the other parent does seek legal help and find out that I wasn't supposed to leave the "home state" I don't want to be in any legal trouble. Of course after moving to the new state and establishing residency, I will be requesting the jurisdiction be changed. NRS 200.359


Relocation: Sole Custody - Moved Out of State - Breaking the Law

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire