samedi 30 avril 2016

Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Got Caught Shoplifting, Police Were Called but No Charges Pressed on Site, What Next

I was being stupid and got caught stealing a tube of lipstick from the drugstore (in Toronto, Ontario Canada). They took me up to a room and made me sign a paper saying I would not enter the store in the next 3 years, or else I would be charged with trespassing. They also gave me a civil recovery fee of $350 to pay. They called police, who came and, since I had no previous records or legal incidences, did not take me to the police station or charge me or anything. They did say though that if this happens again, police officers would be able to look me up and see this incident occurred, so they would not be so easy on me next time.
So my question is, will I have a record from this? Will this affect my future employment in any way? As well, if police came and assessed the situation, can I still get charged or summoned to court over this? Since the police already came and knew what happened but did not charge me or anything like that.
Thanks in advance for any help! I have never been in this situation before so Im a little confused and quite rattled by the whole thing :(


Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Got Caught Shoplifting, Police Were Called but No Charges Pressed on Site, What Next

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire