jeudi 28 avril 2016

Driver's License Issues: Us Driver Resident Abroad with a Foreign License

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: North Carolina

I recently moved from the US to abroad; I have a valid NC license in good standing. As I now live in Luxembourg, I'm required to exchange my driver's license for a Luxembourgish one within one year of my date of entry (which would be in October), and the procedure does require me to turn in my North Carolina license to the Luxembourgish authorities. I intend to get the process done as quickly as possible, but that then brings up two questions I had:

- When I spoke with the NC DMV before I left, they said that doing the exchange for the foreign license would not invalidate my NC license (though, for example, were I to have gotten an Ohio license, that would've cancelled the NC license), but this was just a local office I talked to and not the headquarters. Is what they told me true? (After my immigration mishap in France, I'm a bit fearful of trusting official sources that aren't in writing.)

- I intend to return to the US this August for three weeks for a conference and for vacation. Would there be any issues with me using a LUX license while I'm back rather than the NC one, despite me now residing in Luxembourg, especially if it is true that getting the LUX license wouldn't cancel my NC license?


Driver's License Issues: Us Driver Resident Abroad with a Foreign License

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire