jeudi 28 avril 2016

Parking Tickets: Ticketed for a 'No Stopping or Standing' Violation at a Stop Sign

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: New Jersey

Hello. I was driving down a two-lane local road leading to a NJ Transit train station, with my wife in the passenger seat. We recently moved here and I was dropping her off to catch the train for work. She was running a little late. There was a stop sign at the end of the road, but the road itself had 2 'No stopping or standing' signs. She told me it would be much easier to just get off there and walk, instead driving to the station's designated drop off area, which was on the other side of the station, past a bridge with heavy morning traffic. I didn't think we could stop, given the signs. When we reached the end of the road, there was a stop sign, and the cars in front were taking turns stopping to turn right. It took a few seconds for each car, given the traffic on the 4-lane road they were merging into. We waited behind them, 5th in line. Then a few seconds later, 4th in line. That's when my wife suddenly opened the door and got off. Then I moved on to 3rd in line, etc. until I made the turn myself. I must have gone another hundred feet, when I was pulled over and ticketed for violating the 'No stopping' sign.

I have a dash cam and I reviewed the feed when I got home. It clearly shows that I kept moving whenever I could, only stopping when the car in front of me was fully stopped.

Can I contest this ticket based on my dash cam feed? Or does a disembarking passenger automatically indicate a violation of a 'no stopping' sign even if I only stopped whenever I had to?


Parking Tickets: Ticketed for a 'No Stopping or Standing' Violation at a Stop Sign

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire