jeudi 28 avril 2016

Disestablishing Paternity: Can an "Unfit" Person Sign Paternity Papers

My question involves paternity law for the State of: IL

Hello. I have a 2 year old child by a man that I was not married to and am no longer with. I found out right after my daughter was born that he had been found unfit through Department of Children and Family Services in 2002. He did not comply with the necessary steps to regain his "fitness", and he never disclosed to me that any of this had even happened. I obtained an order of protection against him not long after my daughter was born. I have had no contact, nor has he had any contact with my daughter in over a year. He did sign her birth certificate in the hospital. My question is are there any guidelines or rules to a person who has been proven unfit to continue having more children? Are they even entitled to any rights to other children if already unfit? Do I have any legal ability to fight him having any rights to my child? He was originally given supervised visitation once a week, but he lost that option within 3 months due to failing to show up on time. He's made no attempt in a year to try to arrange for visits again, pay any support, or have anything to do with my daughter. I've recently heard that he has now become " fit" and is planning to take me to court. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.


Disestablishing Paternity: Can an "Unfit" Person Sign Paternity Papers

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire