mercredi 27 avril 2016

Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Kohls Shoplifting (Record)

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Virginia

I am 19 and just got accused of shop lifting. I was trying on compression tights and forgot I had a pair still on. (I train in them every day) I bought 6 different items, two were the exact same compression tights I had on. I was stopped and asked to come back in a room. I told her it was an accident and she said I understand, I'm not pressing charges. She took a picture/ information and made me sign that I wouldn't come back to kohls but told me I could write kohls and get my privilege back. She said I would get a fine of the amount of the tights. ($30) today I just got a civil demand letter of $250 as well as talking about possible prosecution. By not paying this, will I get charged and therefor the crime be placed on my record? What are the steps that are taken before this would be put on my record?


Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Kohls Shoplifting (Record)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire