mercredi 27 avril 2016

Trademarks: How to Clear Up a Trademark Infringement Problem

A major corporation manufactures a product that is a cleaning fluid in a cartridge. My company makes a generic cleaner that can refill the cartridge so that the consumer can save substantially over purchasing new cartridges. My product is sold on my website, Amazon, eBay and other marketplaces. My product is positioned similarly to other generics that use "Compare To" on the packaging.

The major manufacturer sent a cease and desist letter with a laundry list of infringements and other issues. Unfortunately I was sloppy on issues like using terms similar to "Expensive Cleaner is a registered trademark of Big Company".

Fortunately, they did not go as far as saying that I cannot use their name at all. I plan on fixing most of the claimed infringements, but one does not involve a trademark and does not seem reasonable. They also raised two other minor issues that I can deal with, but I would like an opinion on the fixes. I need advice on what is absolutely necessary from a legal point of view and prudent from a practical point of view. I also need a letter to respond to their lawyer.

I'd like to hire a trademark attorney for a bit of consultation and to write the letter, but I am on a shoestring budget. What's the best way to find an attorney that meets my needs?


Trademarks: How to Clear Up a Trademark Infringement Problem

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire