vendredi 29 avril 2016

Deprivation of Civil Rights: City Jail Refused to Treatment (Mri or Pain Meds) for a Ruptured Achilles

My question involves civil rights in the State of: Washington

On April 19th 2016 while serving 14 days for a Physical Control conviction I ruptured my left Achilles while playing basketball. The night nurse gave me an ice pack and ace bandage, she told me the doctor would take a look at me in two days. The next morning the lead nurse told me I had not injured my Achilles because she had ruptured her Achilles previously and I would be in greater pain and would not be able to walk. Later around noon the doctor came to examine me and confirmed a rupture of my left Achilles and stated I would need a MRI but the city of Kent, Washington would not be willing to pay for such procedure. I told the doctor I had personal health insurance to cover the cost of the MRI and this was Wednesday the 20th of April, the doctor stated she was leaving for vacation and would not be able to submit the medical referral until Monday when she returned from vacation. The doctor asked the nurse for a boot to stabilize my foot and the nurse responded "they only had one and it was in use". Monday evening I submitted a medical kite requesting a status update on my MRI referral, the next morning I was transferred to Home Detention for the remainder of my sentence which was 8 days until May 3rd 2016. I was authorized to visit my primary care physician who again confirmed a ruptured Achilles of my left leg, I then was refereed to visit a Orthopedic Surgeon to make an appointment for a treatment plan of surgery. I also informed the Jail Home Detention staff I was provide a prescription for pain (Hydrocodone) and the officer told me I was not authorized in any way to take pain medicines and I would have to wait until I completed my sentence to have the surgical procedure because this would require me receiving pain medication during and after the procedure which is not authorized.

It will be 3 weeks since the injury without any pain medication, I have been unable to sleep or eat on regular do to the pain I am experiencing. I want to know is this legal for them to prevent me from receiving medial attention and I know the longer I wait the worse the recovery and damage that can be don due to my foot not being stabilizes.

:grumpy:


Deprivation of Civil Rights: City Jail Refused to Treatment (Mri or Pain Meds) for a Ruptured Achilles

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire