samedi 30 avril 2016

Collection Lawsuits: Civil Suit Arrest Imminent, According to Constable

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Indiana
Process Server arrived and requested me at the door this morning, and he was from the local Kentucky Court, apparently.
He gave me a copy of a Law suit.
The details are as follows:
In 2013 I used an Indiana ER for Medical Treatment, in April, May, and August, prior to obtaining Medicare State Insurance through the Department of Community Based Services.
I live in Kentucky, and the Suit was filed by an Indiana Hospital directly over the border where I had gone in 2013.
The Process Server said that if I don't answer the Summons (it states that a written reply within 20 days is requested, not a personal appearance) that there will be a Warrant issued for my arrest.

I have no income. I am married, and have medical issues, and am on psychological medications also. My husband is unemployed, and lost his job in 2013, and since then we have been on welfare, Section 8, SNAP, and Wellcare of KY Medicare. He works odd/irregular jobs and basic work and makes less than 3000.00 yearly at this time.

We own nothing of value, except a 2001 vehicle, which is plagued with mechanical difficulties.
Our son, whom is 4yrs old, also has medical issues and has had many hospital treatments, and at one time surgery was suggested by his doctors. Though he appears to be getting better now.

My husband had a bankruptcy discharge in 2015, Oct. He went through KY Legal Aid to obtain that.

I have been to that same hospital MANY times for issues relating to my chronic ailment(s) since 2013, but had KY Wellcare Medicare since, and as such, of course, no other bills exists, since they were all taken care of by the Medicare of KY.

I have many questions, and a general one:
1. If I do not respond, though I have a typed response ready to send to both parties, will they attempt to issue an arrest warrant?
1.A. Even though I live in KY, and the suit is filed in Indiana, will they be able to place me in debtors prison?

2. Since I cannot afford legal representation, and even 5$ a month would be a hardship when we are almost always behind on bills, and save change to help with electricity, fuel, clothing for growing child, etc, and since I do not have time to get Legal Aid to even consider helping me, is my responding to the court via a written response the correct course of action?

3. Any general information/assistance/ideas/knowledge you deem useful to impart?

I have 19 days from today, to attempt to either obtain help, or ensure I am making the correct choices.

Thank you, in advance, for any assistance, information, etc. I apologize in advance, if I posted in the incorrect forum, or caused some other issue. However, I/we are in dire need of assistance/knowledge.


Collection Lawsuits: Civil Suit Arrest Imminent, According to Constable

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire