vendredi 29 avril 2016

Emancipation: Good Enough Reasons for Emancipation

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: Illinois
Hi, I have been looking online for a few months now on the topic of emancipation, but I have not contacted anyone in the field about my questions because I'm unable to. Help here would be great.
I'm a 16 year old girl, I live in Illinois with my biological mother and adoptive father. The main reason I'm wanting to be emancipated is because I'm a lesbian and my parents discriminate against me. They do not let me see my girlfriend. My parents don't accept my life choices and have, in fact, sent me to several counselors/therapists to "try to change my life choices back to the correct ones," as they said. Besides that, I'm forced to participate in church/religious activities every week. Not that I mind church, it's the fact that the church discriminates against me as well and wishes to change me. In their eyes, I'm a follower of the devil. I wouldn't care what they thought about me if I wasn't forced to go to church every week, but since I am it just makes my life a lot harder and it degrades me personally. Even further, my adoptive father has been verbally/emotionally abusive all my life. Up until a few years ago, he was physically abusive as well. Since my parents found out I'm gay, they have restricted my social life greatly. That being said, I have gone against their will and have been decently rebellious the last couple years because they have discriminated against me so much. From their point of view, I can see why they have put restrictions on me, but I don't agree with them.
I don't know my biological father, but if it'd be a good option for me, I'd be willing to contact him. I am in contact with his side of the family, just not him.
Currently, I have a stable part time job. I have places I could live. Not that I would rent an apartment, but I have several friends I could move in with. I will graduate high school in December of 2016, so after that I won't have any school related obligations. I'll only be 17 when I graduate, even if I graduate at the regular time in May--no matter what I do, I'll be 17. After I graduate I will plan on leaving. I can hang on until December, but after that I'm planning on leaving whether I'm able to be emancipated or not.
Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.


Emancipation: Good Enough Reasons for Emancipation

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire