jeudi 28 avril 2016

Issues After Citizenship: City of Birth Changed After Recently Discovered Facts on Us Passport

Hello all,

I have looked around to find the answer to my question before posting, but have not found anything that hits it head on as I hoped to be answered clearly, maybe someone with some knowledge on this legal matter may be able to answer.

I have been a US Citizen for years, although I grew up most of my life in the states(Just FL), I was born in Cuba, or so it says on my Birth Certificate, but my legal guardian (GrandFather) passed away a few months ago, and left me a few boxes of old documents, where I found a report and a different birth certificate under my name. The case is that I was born on a flight returning to cuba from mexico during one of my parents aboard missions out of the country in almost 30 years ago. They ended up getting 2 different birth certificates at the hospital, one that stated that I was born on a returning flight in mid air, and one that stated I was born in the hospital. My legal documents always have been done with the certificate that claims I was born in Cuba, I guess my birth parents thought that would make any legal matter easier and simpler to say then the actual truth, considering this was 1985, and cuba, so simplicity was always needed. I however have been in the states since I was 2 years old, and never been to cuba, and my U.S. Passport says born in Cuba. With all the recent legal changes I would now like to visit Cuba, I do not have any family there, but would like to see it, and I now have found out that because my Passport says that I was born in Cuba, according to Cuba's Immigration Laws which does not accept Dual Citizenship, I will be forced to get a Cuban Passport in order to enter the country. I apology for the long story, but as I considered it kind of out of place I wanted to explained to my best knowledge. I would like to know if there is a way for me to present this argument with the recent birth certificate that I was left in order to change my place of birth on my US Passport?


***Please excuse any typos this has been posted over my phone*** :o


Issues After Citizenship: City of Birth Changed After Recently Discovered Facts on Us Passport

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire