mardi 26 avril 2016

Resignation: Relocation Agreement Clarification

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: IL. I recently received a job offer for another company that is being incredibly gracious with my start date. I did sign a relocation agreement for my current position. Wording in question is as follows: "I agree to repay by final deduction from my final paycheck 100% of all reimbursed or advanced relocation costs to "Company name here" should I voluntarily or involuntarily terminate my employment within one year from the date of executing this agreement."

Main question is this: the execution date is the 9th. I would put in my notice on the 4th with an end date of the 21st making it not only through my one year but also beyond the execution date in question. If I'm officially resigned on the 21st, am I obligated to repay the relocation agreement? (I.e. i won't have voluntarily terminated my employment until the 21st?)

Thank you for any help.


Resignation: Relocation Agreement Clarification

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire