samedi 30 avril 2016

Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Got Caught Shoplifting,arrrested in Store Went to Jail Waiting

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Florida

I am on the east coast of the state if that matters.

I was arrested in department store for shoplifting. I was taken by there security to there room and after they tried to get me to admit i took more other times. I was taken to jail and posted a bond of 150$ this is my 1st offense.

A week later 2 cops came to my door and the they said they had a warrant for shoplifting. I told them i was already arrested for that. They took me in and as we were going to the jail the guy looked and said Oh this is from months before. They looked on video and seen i took something back 4 months ago.

I again got bond.. I went to my 1st court date for the 1st charge and was offered for petty thief 6 months prob 10 hours com service and a small fine. This is petty thief so the DA said what they wanted right away. I said i would like a lawyer and got a public defender.

I then went to my next court date 2 weeks later for the other charge of petty thief and this time the DA said seeking 50 days.. Nothing else just 50 days... So i again said no and this time called a local public defender.

Since that time a few months ago my lawyer has went to court and i have not had to go.
The total amount of items was 50$ and the same amount the other time. But it is listed as 3 times petty thief.

I like others feel badly and never will again. In fact in Walmart i forgot to pay for some tape i left in my cart and was in my car and seen it and i went back in with it and paid for it so i am serious.

So My lawyer said he will wait it out till the end and try to get the best deal he can for me. He told me at the start he believes he can get get a good deal and no jail time.

I know someone who had 2 felony's for drugs Meth and Heroin and 1 mist of pot and ended up with them dropping the low charge and gave them 12 months probation and comm service and some classes.

Mine are petty thief 1st time offenses not felony's. So my question is should my lawyer be able to get them off the 50 days? i mean 3 counts of petty thief 50 days vs someone who had felony' drugs and got probation.

I have a house to run i have kids who need me i am the one who only knows how to pay the bills drive the car. I have no wife just my older daughter. I also take for 40 years now a medication that keeps me stable minded. This med is now on the list of you have to have a script it can't be called in. Plus when i was in jail waiting on bail i was told they do not supply that.

I would not last 3 days let alone 50 days without the meds that they will not supply plus i have to care of my Gran Kids and my Daughter since they do not have a father living here. Yes i was stupid Yes i should have thought and wish i could go back to that day months ago and never went into the store.

My lawyer has not said much to me these past 3 months of pre trail continues. He last told me a week and a half ago that if he can work out a deal i would go to court with him last week and if not i do not have to go. Well his Secretary called me that day and said you do not have to go.

Now i see the next court date as docket sounding set for a month from now. Then a trial date 2 weeks later. My question is i am getting scared. I know my lawyer said we have to wait it out to get the best deal but what do you think the chances are or what he is even trying to get? I said to him that i would be happy even if i got the work 1 day a week program instead of jail or if need be house arrest and he said he thinks we can do better then that.

Again nobody needs to tell me how stupid i was i can't change that i can only change the future. But i do not want to spend time in jail if at all possible. Is my lawyer just waiting it out till the next date? Anyway i have not ask him as i am the type that no news is the best news and my BP has been really high that my meds had to be upped and my stress level as well.

Also on my court records it does state 1st offense 2nd degree mist.

Thanks for the time worried east coast Fl.

The judge even said if jail time you can always try for house arrest or even a program where you work 1 day a week for the county.

I do not mind the probation fines community service if they want but the jail time i really and praying he can get it off. What do you think my chances are?


Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Got Caught Shoplifting,arrrested in Store Went to Jail Waiting

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire