jeudi 28 avril 2016

Modification: How to Keep a PPO from Being Indefinitely Renewed by Ex

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: MI

I was recently notified of an order to extend a domestic PPO against me for an additional 2 years (already had one since 2013). I've lived in another state on the West Coast since the initial PPO was initiated. I was advised by my lawyer in MI to "ignore the hearing and turn my back on continued conflict." Due to this, I did not attend either the initial ex-parte nor the recent extension hearings to provide any sort of defense to my ex's allegations. I have had NO contact with this individual over the course of the entire PPO. I DO have a misdemeanor telephone harassment conviction involving her, and a domestic violence charge involving her, which I was found not guilty of in trial.

My question is:
1) Based on my aforementioned criminal history, will my ex be able to indefinitely renew her PPO against me even while I continue to live across the country and have absolutely no contact with her?

2) If another motion to extend is filed in 2 years, should I look for another lawyer and fly across the country to actually present a defense?


Modification: How to Keep a PPO from Being Indefinitely Renewed by Ex

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire