dimanche 31 janvier 2016

Warranties: to Sue Dell

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Pennsylvania

Hello and thanks for looking,

I desperately need help with dealing with Dell Computers. I bought a $1,000 Dell Precision about 6 months and I haven't been able to use it. Here's the details.

I bought the laptop refurbished from a retailer on eBay. It has 3 year Dell on-site next business day warranty. It arrived defective but most eBay retailers have a clause that if a laptop has warranty you have to approach the manufacturer. I believed it could be fixed as it was an intermittent problem with the GPU and didn't worry about it.

Dell first sent a technician to replace the GPU and the problem persisted. (Screen freezes for a second and the desktop resets as if I clicked the refresh button and OS makes a sound as if I connected and disconnected a new hardware device and this basically happens indefinitely every 2 seconds rendering it unusable)

After that Dell asked me to send it to the depot where it sat for 30 days. After 30 days Dell sent me an email saying the laptop is unrepairable and that they are sending a replacement laptop.
I received both the replacement laptop and my original laptop.

Now is where it gets frustrating. The replacement laptop would NOT even get to the start screen. So I called Dell back again to send the replacement laptop back but they said the service tag number on it is not in the system and basically that the laptop shouldn't exist.
At this point I realized if I sent my original laptop back to Dell, I'd be stuck with the replacement which doesn't even have any records of being mine.

Long story short I sent the replacement laptop back to Dell and now I have my original laptop with me. I filed another warranty claim on it and yesterday they sent another technician to replace the GPu (AGAIN, UGHHH!) and the problem still persists.
I have spent 8 hours in the last 2 days talking to Dell CUstomer care and I have decided I want to take them to court because they are giving me the run around. In all I have maybe spent a 100 hours on the phone with these guys.

I was forced to spend another $900 on a brand new HP laptop last week.

I am a grad student and I have a flexible schedule so I would like to go to a small claims court to sue Dell. I don't care how much it costs me in terms of time but at this point it's become personal and a me versus them thing and I want to inflict some damage on them considering how much stress, how many sleepless nights and anguish I have had to endure.

I'd really appreciate if I could get any tips on how to sue them.

1) Which branch of Dell do I sue? I reside in Philadelphia, PA and I ordered the laptop from Philly when I was residing in Philly.
2) What sort of evidence should I collect and furnish to the court?
3) Do I have to provide Dell any kind of notice that I will be suing them? If yes, in what manner?

Thank you so much for reading.

Please feel free to ask me any more questions if you need further details.


Warranties: to Sue Dell

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire