vendredi 29 janvier 2016

Speeding Tickets: Ticketed for Speeding on an Interstate Highway in Missouri

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Missouri on interstate highway 44.

So the other morning I was pulled over by a St. Louis County Officer on the out skirts of Eureka, MO. The officer cited that they used a moving radar to clock me going 93 mph in a 65 mph posted zone.

My reason for doing this was that i had moved into the passing lane before approached the officers location because I wanted to pass several semis. One of those a semis was throwing rocks up at my car, so to avoid costly damages I chose to pass him. However, in the passing lane there was another driver who had approved my vechile and proceeded to ride my rear end. As we appro when the bend where the officer was I was able to get in the travel lane to reduce my speed. The officer began slowing down and flipped on their lights. I moved to the slow lane, but the other vehicle continued to drive at a high speed and passed both of us. I guess for whatever reason I made myself the easier target and the officer chose me to pull over.

I was informed that it was a state highway and that I should contact the state for a court date. I do not usually speed. However, I was made nervous and so I did to avoid an accident. I plan on hiring a lawyer, but does anyone know if I will receive jail time or lose my license? I'm a working adult who has a 30 minute commute. I cannot afford to lose my license.

Thank you for looking at my story.


Speeding Tickets: Ticketed for Speeding on an Interstate Highway in Missouri

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire