mercredi 27 janvier 2016

Other Violations: Impounded Vehicle in California. Pd Has Not Scheduled My Early Release Hearing

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

My sister makes bad decisions. She has been in and out of trouble her whole life. Over that last year, she has been working full time and generally making good choices. Last October I gifted her a car to help her get back and forth from work. I sent in my release of liability and gave her the pink slip.

On Sunday I get a call from her and she said, "My boyfriend and I got pulled over. He was driving and apparently he has a suspended license. They are going to impound your car for 30 days." I replied, "I am sorry. It sounded like you said my car". She then explained to me that she never took it to the DMV to get it registered in her name. I spoke to the office on her phone and he said I could come down the next day and ask for an early impound release. I know with the release of liability, this cannot come back on me financially. However, I know my sister cannot afford to pay the full 30 day impound. It runs $100 per day. I decided I will do what I can to get the car out early, then require her to finish the DMV paperwork before giving the car back.

I went down to the PD the next morning and asked how I can resolve this. They said that they see I filed a release of liability, but it is still technically my car and not her car, so I had to be the one to follow the steps to get it out of impound or she can go to the DMV and finish the registration and she can handle it. They gave me the Notice of stored Vehicle (22852 CVC). According to that code, I have up to 10 days to file a written request for an early release hearing. I paid their $113 fee for the request at 1:42pm last Monday (based on the receipt). CVC 22852 also states that the hearing will be conducted within 48 hours of my written request.

As of 1:42pm today they are past their 48 hour window. So what now? What happens if they do not meet the timelines laid out in CVC 22852? Any advice is greatly appreciated.


Other Violations: Impounded Vehicle in California. Pd Has Not Scheduled My Early Release Hearing

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire