dimanche 31 janvier 2016

Collection Lawsuits: Can I Realistically Have a Lawsuit from USA when I Am Not in USA

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Not Sure

I have an LLC in Delaware USA. I am based outside of USA and we develop custom software.

We have a customer in USA who claims that the software we provided has caused them a loss of sales of about $20k. They did not track how the system was operating for a number of weeks and then they realized the system was not charging their customers each day! They then told us we changed the settings and made it work.

I do not think we were negligent because we ask all our customer to check everything we deliver before and during its operation.

We have an agreement that limits our liability to the cost of what we received from the client and also agreement says they must check every thing we deliver to them.

The company is only me and some contractors and I split my time between UK and Asia. I am not from USA, I am from UK but have no assets in UK, also I have no assets in USA except for a USA bank account. Where I live in Asia everything is in my wife's name.

The LLC has a mailing address in USA that is a friends house used for receiving the odd check and mail.

Do you think they can file a lawsuit against me and have any effect?

Could I be forced to go to USA. I worried about it!!


Collection Lawsuits: Can I Realistically Have a Lawsuit from USA when I Am Not in USA

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire