samedi 30 janvier 2016

Police Conduct: Pulled Over and Vehicle Towed for Restricted License,

My question involves police conduct in the State of: Virginia

I just began probation recently. Last night I was driving on the main drag of downtown Staunton with my good friend at about 1A.M. The main drag is a straight road so you can see all the way down it. I made a right turn and immediately after I do, a cop turns onto the same road with his lights on behind me. It looked like he was waiting for me or something. When he approached my vehicle I rolled my window down and asked him why he pulled me over and he said he was on a call with someone, and he/she said they heard a gunshot in the general area I happened to be in(downtown). He then asked where we were coming from and going to, and I told him from the passengers house, then to a gas station so he could get me gas to get home because I was broke and the gas station we were going to was the only one open. I showed him my gas light to verify that, and also his home address matched when they looked him up.(I could hear the walkie talkie verifying it). After that he told us the gunshots were supposedly near Madison st. which was way behind me. He was obviously parked on the main road and would've seen me turn off of Madison st. if I did. I also had bad tags (which I could explain very well therefore wasn't charged for that), but that could not be his reason for pulling me over simply because he was never following me, and there is no way he couldve read, let alone scan, and pull me over in the split second he came out of no where and did so. nobody was coming from either way. I kept questioning his reasons and his words were choppy and his story didn't really make sense to justify pulling me over. Oh and when he approached my vehicle he didn't even have his gun drawn or any back up until about 10 minutes after. They all just sat in their car and nobody went and looked for the alleged "shooter". I remember in highschool I learned about a law "fruit from the poisonous tree", so was this reasonable cause to pull me over and what are my chances of having my probation violation completely cleared or even cut down? I am going to hire a lawyer. I know I was driving under a suspended license but they couldn't have known that from the tags of the car because they are under my dads name. Please help me and explain in details

P.S. this happened very early morning Saturday and I cannot contact my probation officer until Monday. should I see a lawyer on Monday before I contact her?


Police Conduct: Pulled Over and Vehicle Towed for Restricted License,

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire