vendredi 29 janvier 2016

Property Rights: Protecting Yourself From Accusations That You Damaged Your Ex's Property

My question involves personal property located in the State of: Florida

Short version: I live in FL, my ex-gf is from and lives in OK. She came out to FL to stay with me for a bit and brought many of her belongings with her. A few months later the crazy came out and we parted ways. She is now back in OK, but she never took the belongings with her. I stored them for many months, trying to get her to retrieve them and even offered to help with the travel and expenses to get them back to her. I eventually moved to a storage unit, paid for one month, then told her to put it in her name and that I would not pay any more. I mailed three boxes of items back to her. When she recieved them, she broke and destroyed all the items and then posted on face book that I did it. She also filed claims with USPS for the $50 insurance.

My problem now is, she told me she was coming next month to get her things from her storage unit, and that if anything is damaged (and it will be when she gets here and breaks everything) shes going to file a report here in FL and then sue me in/from OK.

How do I protect myself form this? I don't have access to the unit
I have photos of the items in the unit undamaged. Her reply was "I broke the things after I took the photo's".
Can she sue me, a FL resident living in FL, from OK, for property damage that happened in FL?

***I have not, or ever intended or implied, that I would ever damage her property.*** I went to great lengths getting the storage unit, boxing up and moving her items to the unit.

HELP PLEASE!


Property Rights: Protecting Yourself From Accusations That You Damaged Your Ex's Property

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire