jeudi 28 janvier 2016

Speeding Tickets: Coming Back to the U.S. with Pending Ticket

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: New Jersey

Hi everybody! I'm a student from Italy, and more than one year ago, on 31/12/2014, I was driving in NJ with a rental car. I was stopped by a cop since I was speeding, it was 11pm, limit 65, and I was doing 93 (BTW: Is it considered criminal? I didn't really understand). I got a printed ticket from the cop which I had to answer pleading guilty or not. Well, since I was leaving the US in february, and since I happened to know that the process of going to court would have taken a lot of time (I was staying in Maine, quite far from NJ), I replied pleading NOT guilty and writing a letter to the court saying that since I was about to leave the country, I was willing to dispute the ticket by phone or email, and I left all my contact information: I never got a reply.

However, now I need to come back to the states (Atlanta) for a 6 months period, and I'm applying for a J1 visa with GeorgiaTech university. Is there a chance this ticket might influence my visa application? Is this recorded somewhere? And, even if I get a visa, will they stop me when I enter the states again?

Thanks for your help
AA


Speeding Tickets: Coming Back to the U.S. with Pending Ticket

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire