dimanche 31 janvier 2016

Disciplinary Issues: Written Up Wrongly for Time Card Fraud

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: TX

I believe I was accused and disciplined for time card fraud wrongly.

I am the manager of the insurance department at a car dealership. I have always had access to correct time entries for myself and my staff.

On Friday, 1/22/2016 I punched in at 9 am. When I came to the office on Sat morning (which is not frequent) to pass out bonuses to some of the car salesmen for referrals to the insurance department, I went to punch in at 8:58 am. However the electronic punch clock program (TimeKron) showed that I was still punched in from the day before. I punched out then punched in to reflect my Saturday arrival time. I then went in to admin mode and corrected the log out time from Friday to 4:20 pm. I passed out the bonuses and punches out at 9:33 am.

The following Wednesday General Manager came to my office and asked how long I worked on Saturday. I told him about 30 mins. He showed me a report from payroll saying that I punched in at 8:58 and out at 9:33, but changed my time to show that I worked until 4:20 pm, whichmade it appear that I worked all day Saturday. I explained that 1) I don't think that is correct because I corrected my time by recording an accurate punch out time that was missing Friday, 1/22/2016 then punched out later at 9:33 when I left on Saturday and 2) If I did accidentally enter the 4:20 pm punch out on Friday instead of Saturday it was obviously an error (not intentional) because it wouldn't make sense to punch in at 8:58 om Saturday morning, enter a leave time at 4:20 for Saturday, then ~30 mins later punch out at 9:33 am on Saturday (in that order).

I also sent this in an email to the HR/payroll person cc: the General Manager. 2 day later he writes me up for falsifying time records. I totally dispute this and want to know 1) if I have a right to see the timestamped entries with my login from the payroll system showing if I did mistakenly did this 2) If I didn't can I demamd they remove the write up from my file an issue a written confirmation that I was accused in error?y question involves labor and employment law for the state of: TX


Disciplinary Issues: Written Up Wrongly for Time Card Fraud

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire