jeudi 28 janvier 2016

Deprivation of Civil Rights: Illegally Denied Permit to Purchase Firearm (Mn)

My question involves civil rights in the State of: Minnesota

Hello! Hopefully this is the right place to post (as it would be a civil issue). If not, please accept my apologies and let me know where I should post instead.
Thank you in advance for any help that anyone can offer.

This is a permit to PURCHASE, not a concealed carry permit!
In the my first attempt to get a permit, the chief denied me on the basis that I was convicted of Domestic Assault, I was not convicted for Domestic Assault, I was charged with 5th Degree Domestic Assault that was dropped to Disorderly Conduct in a plea agreement between myself, my public defender, with my wife testifying there was no assault, and the District Attorney. I plead Guilty to Disorderly Conduct and received 6 months probation, I also have not been in any other trouble before or after this incident.
This happened in October 2002.

What can I do? What are my options?
If it isn't grounds for denial (as the only reason), what is my recourse with the city?
I would be willing to pursue anything that costs less (to me personally) or on a contingency fee basis would be great.
I just want to be able to resume my hobby/sport.


Deprivation of Civil Rights: Illegally Denied Permit to Purchase Firearm (Mn)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire