jeudi 28 janvier 2016

Minors' Rights: Caught Shoplifiting New Jersey

My question involves juvenile law in the State of:Im from Jersey and I am 17 years old with a clean record. A few days ago I was caught at sephora with $284 worth of stuff, some of which I had taken for my friend who was there with me. I was approached by the LP after leaving the store and taken to the back room. He said they were not allowed to call the police at the time and that I had gotten a huge break. He did not say anything about being charged but after reading the jersey laws I know there is still a possibility that l can be charged. I got banned from sephora and the mall as well as given a civil service document. So cops were not called but I know i had committed a felony. My concern is, will I be summoned to court and how will I know? What charges can be put against me? How long does it take to be notified when I will be summoned or if i will be receiving a summoning in the mail. Again he did not say anything about charging me. I was also cooperative with the whole ordeal and kept my cool. I gave him everything, my phone, license, the products etc. Im just not sure what to expect in court and if I will even be summoned. I know they have a year to charge me.


Minors' Rights: Caught Shoplifiting New Jersey

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire