mercredi 27 janvier 2016

Termination: Removing a Tor Against My Ex

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: new York. Onondaga County to be precise.

He and I were living together last summer and had a terrible argument where that ended in police showing up to help him get his things out because I had had enough. He has since sought therapy for his depression and is having great success.

To cut to the chase....he was issued a disorderly conduct appearance ticket after an argument with one of the cops. He has paid his fine and done community service.

The entire incident, while pretty awful, never escalated to more than anything verbal except for him breaking a box in the parking lot.

Under pressure from the responding officer and my overprotective old school father, I agreed to file an OOP. Even though I refused more than once initially.

When we got to family court, I wasn't ready to speak with him. He agreed to whatever I wished, but stated he did want to reconcile. Ultimately we agreed to skip a hearing and let the TOP stand. Since then, we have had no contact. Until recently.

My concern here is in regards to of someone finds out and calls the police. This is a civil/family court order. Not a criminal order.

Just not sure how to proceed. Just want to get my family back together.

I would like to contact him. Our relationship was strictly platonic for almost 10 years before we took the next step. I've been in contact with him very briefly and also spoken to some of his family. I have no reason to keep the order.

If I'm reading the paperwork right...the final page says that the TOP remains in effect for the remainder of the 1 year. Not sure if this makes a difference and I apologize if any of this is confusing.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice. :)


Termination: Removing a Tor Against My Ex

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire