samedi 30 janvier 2016

Eviction Process: Situation: Need to Evict Roommate

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California

I currently live in my Grandmother's house who lives out of the country and have taken care of the house for five years. I started renting two rooms 3 years ago and now have run into a problem with a roommate. I fear I need to give them a notice and have a strong feeling they may squat. I did not properly do a lot of things (Sound paperwork, reference check, etc) Can anyone give me advice on my situation?

1. Grandmother is on the grant deed
2. I have no lease or paperwork with my grandmother
3. I have a basic lease agreement with my roommate stating I am the landlord
4. I recently gave the roommate a 30 day-notice to amend the original agreement to include paying for the utilities
5. On the rental form, I believe their information is fake (permanent address is not real) and I failed to get a copy of the roommates license.

The roommate is refusing to pay the utilities and arguing my contract does not allow for an increase because it is a lease (It's a six month lease that expired a year ago).

I am going to give them a 60-day notice to leave (They have lived here for 1.5 year). If the person does not leave by 60 days, pays an impartial amount, or fails to pay, will I be able to evict the roommate in court? Or I do need to get power of attorney first? The reason I am wondering is because I want this roommate to leave as soon as possible because I feel very uncomfortable with this individual in my family home and have a complicated situation. I would like the fastest and safest way to have them leave.


Eviction Process: Situation: Need to Evict Roommate

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire