dimanche 31 janvier 2016

Speeding Tickets: Okanogan County - Contest Speeding Ticket

I recently received a traffic violation in Washington State and have a court date set for February 17 at 9 AM at the Okanogan District Court. I do not have any prior traffic violations and tomorrow I will submit a request for discovery based on Barry's provided template.

The traffic violation happened on New Years day and occurred right after I had turned onto the highway 97 from highway 20. I was accelerating when the officer passed me going the opposite direction (slowed down when I saw the officer do a u-turn) and then the officer proceeded to immediately pull me over. At no point was the officer's car stopped prior to when he pulled me over.

The citation listed two infractions (46.61.400 and 75R-2446) and was based upon driving at 70 mph in a 60 mph zone (Speeding over 10 mph (40 mph or greater speed zone)). SMD was checked as the method of determining my speed and the total penalty was $125.

Outstanding questions:
1) How do I confirm when the officer filed the citation (to see if it was within 5 days)?

2) Is there an online or readily available source to confirm the SMD certifications if they're not provided with the request for discovery?

3) Should I pay for an attorney if I could defer this ticket?

Any suggestions/ how likely is it for me to get this ticket successfully dismissed? I'll post any response I receive from the discovery request. Thanks in advance for your help!


Speeding Tickets: Okanogan County - Contest Speeding Ticket

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire