vendredi 29 janvier 2016

Estate Assets and Debts: My Client Died and Owes Me Money.i Am a Claimant on Estate.now What

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: California

A few years ago, a client owed me just over $1,000 for services I rendered with him. When I go to collect, I found out that he actually died. I thought it was a prank to avoid paying and so I filed a small claims case before the statues expired. When the Sheriff served him, the wife answered the door and informed the Sheriff that her husband had passed away.

And so, I found out what paperwork I needed to file to put a claim on the estate; which I did April 28, 2014 and I sent notification to the wife about the claim. When I view the case through the courts, I see that I am listed as a Claimant and no one else is listed as a claimant. However, I have not received any payment in the mail.

What is my next step and chain of action? How do I get the ball moving in order to get the wife to pay out my claim on the case?


Estate Assets and Debts: My Client Died and Owes Me Money.i Am a Claimant on Estate.now What

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire