mercredi 27 janvier 2016

Speeding Tickets: Speeding Ticket, No Record of Ticket, Delayed Response to Court

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: WA

I got a ticket for speeding 01/05, which the officer cited as driving inattention, less negligent.

I went to pay ticket online after 5 days and the ticket was not in the system. Customer service said to check again in a few days.

I forgot about it and checking back again >20 days after ticket was issued I find the ticket has still not been filed with Seattle Municipal Court. I called back customer service and with some urgency in voice they wanted me to fax in the ticket.

I'm tempted to contest it, since the ticket has not been filed with the court in the 15-day limit. I could argue that customer service asked me to wait until it showed up and then pay. But I'm worried that since I am behind the 15-day requirement to respond I could get dinged. It could undermine my motion for dismissal pursuant to IRLJ 2.2(d).

What is the appropriate action in this case? Should I:
1) Fax it in to them with contest checked, and hope for the best?
2) Fax it in to them without anything checked so they can get it into the system, then from there do a contested hearing?
3) Just send it in late with payment since I'm already behind on the penalty. Likely they would just cash it and potentially not record it. Since this is driving inattention, it does not go on my license.

Thank you.



References:
Speeding Ticket in Seattle
Speeding Ticket in Washington, No Record of Ticket
Filing Date vs Ticket Date


Speeding Tickets: Speeding Ticket, No Record of Ticket, Delayed Response to Court

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire