vendredi 29 janvier 2016

Transfer of Title: Vehicle Purchase Question // Title Flipping Concern

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Florida / California

Hello,

I recently purchased a motorcycle on ebay using paypal (via credit card just in case ebay doesn't help me w/ any dilemmas) although I am currently in a pickle as more information has been released post sale :

* The seller has informed me that the title is under a friends name (obviously they can get power of attorney but I'm thinking the real reason is due to tax purposes/etc AKA title jumping) + buyer section part of the title is clear

* Seller has informed me that he will provide a bill of sale from himself (for eBay) & another from the original owner for DMV purposes

* I am on the west coast and the seller is on the east coast. I am currently placing shipping on hold (got several shippers through USHIP) until I make a decision. If I were to have this motorcycle in my possession and I do run into an issue (not being able to transfer/register), how would the rectification process work across states be it suing or etc ?

* I received a picture of the title that shows a title issue date of 9/3/15

* Ran a VIN check (paid) & everything looks good so far.. not reported stolen or anything


With all these factors, would I be screwed if I was trying to register this bike at my DMV (california) ? Is there something I am missing ?


Transfer of Title: Vehicle Purchase Question // Title Flipping Concern

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire