mercredi 27 janvier 2016

Speeding Tickets: Case Dismissed when Prosecution No-Shows

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: WA

I recently went to court to contest a speeding ticket. After hearing the lawyers' cases, the judge called myself and another person to the stand simultaneously. He said that he was going to dismiss our cases. He explained that if we had not appeared for our court date, we would have been found guilty. He reasoned that since nobody representing the prosecution bothered to show and we did show up, that he was going to dismiss our cases. "It should work both ways," the judge said. When I asked him to cite the law for this, he said he didn't know the exact number, but I could find it online fairly simply. Has anyone else had this experience? Does anyone know the law he was referring to?


Speeding Tickets: Case Dismissed when Prosecution No-Shows

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire