dimanche 31 janvier 2016

Applying to Rent: Credit and Background Checks

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: New Jersey: I am 53 year old man. I'm separating from my wife but I been unable to find housing, (apt). I was advised to seek smaller or one owner type things. I found a private apt. (separate) behind owners house with would be PERFECT. The reason I have been denied at the larger apartments, despite enough income is because I was convicted of a Disorderly persons charge in municipal 2 years ago. It's not the DP they are looking at but the litany of charges against me that day. those were all dismissed; clean record other than that. Since it is not a large complex is it at the discretion of the landlord. 30 years of solid blemish free employment, bought my own home at 23 lived and raised a family there for 30 years. The "victims" regret the entire thing happened and were beside me then as they would be now. I have offered 3 month's advance rent. My next question is should I go onto a pay site to look-up my record? Time is of the essence because I am seeing the property today. If so which sites are good? Do they all show the same thing etc. If the owner does not ask for much info. would it be prudent to keep my mouth shut? So sorry I'm frantic but I am emotionally exhausted from looking, applying then getting denied. So sorry, many years ago we had a man do work on our house, my daughter was very young. It turned out this local resident was on the megan's law list. How does this work as far as someone renting housing. Is it the perps. responsibility to notify his COA. I not on any list like that but was wondering where it fell in regards with this background check stuff? Sorry so much, hope it is not too confusing. Needing answer soon!


Applying to Rent: Credit and Background Checks

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire