vendredi 29 janvier 2016

Rent and Utilities: Utilities Without Submetering

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Hawaii

Hey guys! My lease agreement is now month to month. In the agreement, it states that my rent includes a credit of $150.00 towards utilities. My landlord has decided to bill each unit for electricity but the building only has one meter attached which means he doesn't know which unit is using how much electricity. He now states that we owe him quite a bit of money over the $150.00 credit because as he averages out the building, our consumption has exceded the credit amount.

My question is can he just decide to average out the electricity bill among the tennants without submetering the unit and if not, where can I find the actual law stating that? I've read through the Hawaii Housing Authority manual and I can't find anything pertaining to this, but I could have overlooked it.

Thanks in advance!


Rent and Utilities: Utilities Without Submetering

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire